“Looking unto Jesus.” — Hebrews 12:2 It is ever the Holy Spirit’s work to turn our eyes away from self to Jesus; but Satan’s work is just the opposite of this, for he is constantly trying to make us regard ourselves instead of Christ. He insinuates, “Your sins are too great for pardon; you have … Continue reading Looking Unto Jesus
Two key reports came out last week that you need to be aware of and realize that the "cycle" of trends (whether fashion or politics) continues to flow from Western Europe to North America (via Canada, the "coasts" and then through the heartland eventually). First of all, the frightening report of a 12 year … Continue reading Continued Assault on the Family
John Piper gives some great insight into this all-too-common dilemma of a wife struggling to be biblical in her role while married to a man who just does not lead the home spiritually (for whatever reason). Read the article HERE and remember to download the entire audio (linked on that page).
Here is the full text of Resolution #6 adopted at the most recent Southern Baptist Convention in Indianapolis, IN: 6. On Regenerate Church Membership And Church Member Restoration June 2008 WHEREAS, The ideal of a regenerate church membership has long been and remains a cherished Baptist principle, with Article VI of the Baptist Faith and Message … Continue reading SBC Resolution on Church Membership
This is a brief introduction to 9Marks ministry, which I have associated with for the past 4 years. I thought it would be good once again to see some of my influences and to, again, be introduced to this ministry as it is our hope for a regional workshop next February.
If your dad is among the 6% in this country who wear ties, then you probably should buy him one. For the other 94% of working men, they just don't wear ties, this according to a new Wall Street Journal ARTICLE. Now, most of you know me well enough to know that I don't … Continue reading Don’t Buy a Tie for Father’s Day…unless
You all know that I rarely (if ever) discuss politics, and part of that is because it is unethical and immoral to be a pastor and promote partisanship. However, we may talk about issues all day long. When I lived in Memphis, I had a brief opportunity during a television interview to speak against the … Continue reading FYI: Why we need to stand against the lottery…
Read this incredible story HERE. The story is actually very brief, but loaded with potential commentary. Here's just a few observations: 1) As Europe goes so goes the USA. You all know this related to cultural and social laws. The fact that this woman had a screening as early as 8 weeks and feared potential … Continue reading Baby Survives Abortion attempt…
In October, the ESV Study Bible will be released and looks very promising. Click HERE for details. Keep in mind that if you purchase the print version, an online version will be free for your use (would provide easy and quick search capabilities). I'll try to remind you again nearer the release date.